Thursday, March 4, 2021

Part 1!

 Day 14 Doxology: Ok!  Today's doxology is for better or for worse a part of my bucket list -A competition level smoker.

Today's doxology feels kind of weak, possibly insensitive. However, I've had the pleasure to serve many churches as a clergy person  in the North Alabama Conference, and a phrase that I've thrown around was "Nothing says I love you like pork!"  Your see, I come from a long line of cookers.  My mom was an amazing cook!  My grandmother was an unbelievable cook! My very best friend and I love to cook for our family!  At times I'm embarrassed at the amount of cookers, smokers and fryers that I've personally invested in! Everyone I know loves to eat, and I love to make them happy!

So, today I announce that Camp has a new smoker.  Our, mine and our Food Service Director's, plan is to love you through our food.  We think that the smell of the smoker and the taste of the product we've lovingly prepared will say you are home!  We believe it's all about the experience that adds to our Christ-like hospitality!  

So, today's doxology...today's Praise God moment... is clearly, powerfully, simply a smoker for you. Sure, it's just a smoker, but it's presence will be felt at Camp for a long time.  When I look at it I will process many things.  First, I will think about our mission of Christ-centered hospitality that I've already mentioned.  Secondly, I will think about Nina Reeves.  The Nina Reeves foundation provided the amazing funding to make this purchase possible.  Her love of camp and her trust of us is over whelming and drives continually! 

Today, we give thanks!  But, tomorrow we cook!   I bet tomorrow's doxology might just be a "Part 2!"

We have so much to be thankful for...are you keeping your list as we move closer to Easter?

You like apples? 

No comments: