Monday, February 25, 2013

Piggly Post Office!










Day 10 Doxology: Today's Doxology moment came through a phone call. Interestingly enough, this person shared a great story with great enthusiasm.

The story goes like this...a Summit representative shopped at the Boaz Piggly Wiggly to find the best deal when an employee of P.W. approached this "Summit Rep" with a helpful heart.  A connection was instantly made, and hopefully this person will be forever likely linked to The Summit...Bravo everyone involved!

The connection of today's Doxology moment was as simple as this...I went into the Post Office in Oneonta and an attendant said, "I know you." I said immediately, "I'm sorry!"  She giggled (Sadly, out of respect and kindness) and then said, "you are the pastor at The Summit."

Now, I'm use to that in Albertville, but seldom do I get that kind of response in Oneonta, Al.  They usually say, You are the pastor at Lester (Short for Lester Memorial UMC- a previous appointment)?  I then reply with a longer than expected story of my appointment relocation (it's sad when you recognize it)!

This person shared that she had visited The Summit a couple of weeks ago and loved it. Way to go J. G.!  As she walked away she shared, "You know, the people were so nice there..."

These two stories made the most amazing God moments for my day...

Also, these two events happened within a couple of hours of each other...It reminded me how far God's reach can be if we choose to help...It reminded me of Dan. 4:11.  If we can remain connected to God... then we can be a conduit of love for our community.



No comments: