Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3 Gone...Working on 4!

Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3 are in the books...now I'm working on my 4th day of my 21 Days of Prayer and Fast.  The 2nd and 3rd day were draining.  I had the feeling of being washed out.  Although I was fighting for motivation, God knew my needs.  At different times throughout the 2nd and 3rd days I would read something priceless; I would pray something inspiring; I would gain greater confidence as  I separated myself from the world.  I truly believe it is a connection thing!

I am reminded of my connection as God spoke to me multiply times throughout the drain of the 1st 3 days of this lengthy prayer and fast.  Replaying in my mind (in my own voice) was...greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. (1 John 4:4)  Mainly, my greatest victory comes from my adoption by God, and everything beyond God choosing me fails in comparison (regardless the level of importance I place on the difficulty!).  I Love the way The Message puts it...My dear Children, you come from God and belong to God.  You have already won a big victory over those false teachers, for the Spirit in you is far greater than anything in the world.  My lack of personal prayer, and my attachment to large quantities of unhealthy food is based on my connection to the world and all the world teaches.  Greater is any part of God that is in me than anything that is in the world -Thanks be to God!

Maybe my attraction to The Message's interpretation is based on the reference to the Spirit in me is greater than anything in the world.  Jesus sent us the Holy Spirit to support us for a task that we couldn't complete on our own.  When Jesus gave us our mission statement, He told His disciples to hold up in a room until the Spirit fell upon them.  They did and It did...then the church was born!  I pray for that kind of revival for our church...for The Church.  It will happen when we remember greater is He that is in [me], then he that is in the world.

To reach some kind of conclusion in my excitement, I realize the day is still young.  However, this morning, I am encouraged and strengthened because I awoke fresh and allergy free and ready for my 3rd consecutive day at The Gym (5 out of the last 7 days). Whatever the remaining part of my busy day holds...it started and will end with God.  Our church's commitment to 21 Days of Prayer and Fast might just be what God wanted for us -Confident Connection! Again, Thanks Be To God!

No comments: