Monday, February 22, 2021

Tracks of Our Lives

 Day 5 Doxology: Hope you had a great Sunday?  No, no, it's ok that you missed me and the great literary works of the little "praise God" moments of my day!  You shouldn't feel ashamed...I grow on people!

A bit of warning...today's doxology is deep.  Not like that, like this...deeeeeeeep!  Which was how bad a 26,000 lb. truck was stuck trying to get up the hill toward our maintenance area.  Just like everything else you try to do here at Camp; you try to do the simplest thing and you have to fix 4 things before you can do what you set out to do from the beginning.  I told you it was deep!  Today this young man was just wanting to come identify a simple problem on our skid steer, and because he was trying to do something good for Camp and God, he got stuck! 

Ok, that's not why he really got stuck, but sometimes it just feels like your life consist of one step forward and two steps back!  Here's the deep part...But you know, you will get to point in your life and you will look back and you can see the tracks where God was with you all along your journey.  Where it was certain events or people...God is always there!

Now before you starting thinking about that "Footprints In The Sand" stuff...that is not what I am talking about!

For better or for worse we leave stuff behind like footprints...today that is defined as your Carbon Footprint.  The popular, or not so popular, question is how small is our carbon footprint?  Do we burn coal our natural gas?  Do we use alternative power sources such as wind, water, or solar?  I'm not a tree hugger, but sometimes I feel like I should.  I do think that we are having a negative impact on earth.  So the $24,000 question is...how can we live more in line with nature and God?  I believe it is by acknowledging we can have a positive impact of a negative impact on people and nature.  We have to be willing to ask ourselves the hard questions like if a large truck is stuck in the mud, can you hear the sound of as tree falling in the forest?  That's deeeeeep!

Not sure, but I can tell if he get's out or not?  What tracks are you leaving behind?  I pray they're positive!



?

No comments: