Wednesday, February 24, 2021

God's Stronger Than Any Knot

 Day 7 Doxology:  There are many images from my day that I could include for your viewing as a doxology moment!  However, there is one that I will share and for ample reason...the origin of this moment was one of my youth years ago.

My wife speaks often about the number of students that have had children that she now has the pleasure of teaching.  Today I was reminded, I'm not the young person I once was.  

Today, I employed a very competent and capable former youth member of a church where I served to cut down expired trees around camp.  Each tree offered their own level of difficulty, but my guys delivered time and again!

While watching their craft, I was caught off guard by their use of ropes...primarily their use of knots!

How amazing is it that something can be put under such stress, but then easily be broken down only to repeat the task time and again?  Today's image is such a knot.  It was created to guard against a tree falling on my house, my friends, or myself.  However, it was created not as defense, but as an offensive measure.   It was meant to guide!

How many times do we use God as a defense rather than as an offensive measure.  God is like a parent and wants for us the best things in our life.  I wished I could have that mother/son relationship restored that I once had...but I can if only I would include God in my thoughts and plans

Greater than any knot, God is fully capable of any huge stress we can conjure.  When undone, the line seems unstressed...do we not need that for our life?  

My prayer is this...whatever it is you feel is too great, too powerful, too strong for you to handle...the doxology of your day is simple...you don't have to do it alone.  God as a knot that will stand the test of time! And that is absolutely Camp Sumatanga.  


You like apples?

No comments: