Friday, February 20, 2015

Backwards

Day 3 Doxology:  Sometimes the things we think, do, and say are backwards.  This morning, I was 5 minutes late meeting my friend at the Gym for our elliptical workout (at 5:25am what's five minutes, right?).  We usually set up our machine for 45mins with a 5 minute cool-down.  Since I was running late, Tracy told me to set up for a 43 minute workout and "try to catch up!"

The background is simple...I always beat her on calories burned (Because, I'm fatter than she is), and she manages to beat me on distance.  To bang out 4 miles is good for her, and I typically reach 3.8 or 3.9 never making the much coveted "4 miles"...until today!

Tracy went 50 minutes for 4.2 miles -not her best, but good even by her standards.  I went 48 minutes for 4.56 mile...that was 4.56!  She was completely broken hearted not knowing how I could have beat her on distance and in less time...that was in less time!  I simply told her "God is good!"  I didn't hear her say, "All the time!"

It's funny I know, now that I have reach premier-athlete status, that I can now point to heaven and say, "To God be the Glory!"  I never remember looking over at Tracy's screen for her mileage and say, "Thank you Jesus for letting this mother of 3 boys beat my brains in on this elliptical!"  It just seems that I'm backwards in my thinking or thanking!

You might be asking, "So, where is the doxology?"

After lunch I stopped by Walmart (This is not an advertisement) before heading home.  After getting out of my car, I noticed Tracy's Ford something or other with the dust covered rear window!  Here comes the doxology moment...I stood at the back of her car/SUV and raised both hands to GOD and sang "God is so good, God is so good!"  I caught a full stare by more than one person.  You see, I correctly gave God thanks "before" the blessing was received...I had learned my lesson from this morning!  With the tip of my pointer finger covered in road film I continued to whistle with joy!  This is the image of why I sang praises to God and why this moment became my 3rd Lenten doxology of 2015.


I won't share with you the text she sent after heading home!  Even our smallest of blessings can be backwards!

No comments: