Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Doxology Delayed

Day 5 Doxology (Delayed): What a day!  Have you had one of those days when you witnessed God at work throughout the day, but you seldom paused to acknowledge the splendor of the moment?  That was yesterday -sadly.

The testimony is simple...we can be doing everything we can to call out the good and perfect will of God at work throughout our day and even miss the opportunity to stop and give praise.  You could write a blog during Lent with the sole purpose of pausing, describing, and sharing God's praise moments and fail.  The testimony of the human condition is that we attempt to do the will of God and our humanism becomes dominant -sad!

I spent my day doing "the next thing".  You know, the day where you feel like your constantly trying to catch up.  A day when you make the most of that a day and part of the human condition spills over into the next.  That was my day.

After a few meetings, phone calls, paperwork and paperwork (not a typo), administrative council prep, administrative council meeting, and drive home before reading 200 pages of a book that was for a morning meeting with the Bishop...my day spilled over into the next.  In fact when it came to a close...I thought it was a true doxology not even thinking about taking the time to write my doxology moment.  So, my doxology from yesterday really happened this morning when I went to bed knowing that God would still love me even if I didn't post my moment of praise.

I recognize that this is not that touchy-feely post that you were hoping for, but it dawned on me that so much of life isn't.  Life happens and consumes more of us than we can give before God can regain our attention.  This is a picture of the moment of praise in question....and not a second too late!  That is one "Sharp" clock!


No comments: