Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Unbridled Joy


Day 7 Doxology:  I'm posting today's Doxology from my phone...So, there should be an error curve!

Today, as can be imagined, precip has a part to play in my Doxology moment.  However, as exciting as 5+ inches of winter-bliss can be for oneself...it is the joy of a teenager that makes me smile the most!

It has been years since I sang the song based on Nehemiah 8, "The joy of the LORD is my strength."  However, for some spirit-filled moment, I thought of it today.  My daughters made me think of God in a way that I had forgotten.

As the snow came down Jamie and Jessie's excitement grew exponentially...while Jackie was Alabama only receiving rain in disappointment.  It made me think...do we have the same excitement about life and does God receive so much joy witnessing our excitement?  Sometimes, as a parent, my greatest joy is knowing my children are exceedingly happy!  This snow has brought me great joy, but for reasons you can't imagine...




No comments: