Friday, March 1, 2013

Our Portrait in Life

Day 14 Doxology:  The following picture hangs in the Mountain Lakes District office.  It was painted in 2008 and has many youth's names and their favorite scripture from our district.  I looked at the painting and I was able to pinpoint the names of my three daughters and also the names of several members of my youth program.  All of this would make me a bit misty-eyed on a normal day, but what I haven't shared was...my 2nd daughter (J-2) painted the picture for the a district-wide meeting.  The "Cross and Flames" could be considered a portrait of the UMC. It is pretty awesome to look at the portrait of our life and see if it different than the portrait we think we present.  What, and who, do people see when they look at you?  Genesis 1:27

No comments: