Friday, April 3, 2020

My Lord, My Family, and My Friends!

Day 33 Doxology:  What a day of "Praise" this has been.  All the phone calls and text messages about the crosses, and there are more to hammer in tomorrow.  However, "This is the day that the Lord has made.  So let us rejoice and be glad of it!"

Yesterday's doxology were the crosses that Shannon and J-2 assembled, and then today's doxology is the sharing of those crosses!  A bit of a back story, we snuck out last night late (9pm) like two little kids to put crosses up in our neighbor's yard.  You'd thought we were rolling their yard the way we snuck around, cutting out the lights, and speeding away so that we wouldn't get caught.

Then today we received the first fruits of our labor...pictures with children near this year's Easter crosses. What a joy!  That is amazing in and of itself, but the greatest blessing was part-two of a previous doxology (See Day 9).

Words can't express the joy that I received when a successful friendship was solidified after hours of work and prayer.  Who knew that Rags loved Ro's Grill Jack Jack Burgers as much as I do, and what a treat it must have been over the countless number of Jack's sausage and biscuit.  Some things of great worth take time!  Because of the crosses, and because of my new friend Rags and even stuck at home this might be the best Easter ever!  "Praise God from whom all blessings flow..."

How can you make it your best Easter under these circumstances?  This year could be our best year ever because we stand to realize what truly is important!  For me it's my Lord, my family, and my friends -old and new!!  Now, what about you?

No comments: