Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Clear and Simple

Day 19 Doxology: Holy Used Cow!

Today's doxology is a picture from a Tennessee farm that makes me smile inside and out.  Sales agencies are a multi-billion dollar industry.  The corporate world of sales is so competitive that each firm is looking for the next Steve Jobs to guide them to be the next Fortune 500 company exhibiting skills that are greater than anyone else...who knew such an entrepreneur could be found in Tennessee.

Never underestimate the power of clear and simple language.  Just Do It! Eat Mor Chikn!  Simple messages that are meaningful and effective.  Then there are others that communicate, not quite as concise or clear.  Such as this sign I found in Cleveland, TN.  I'm pretty sure that means Pay Before You Pump, but is that what it says?

But...back to the Used Cow Sale, what does that mean?  How used are the cows?  Is the price prorated based on depreciation?  So many questions...

As for the two images: Image 1 - a message is communicated, but there is more to the message; Image 2 - a lot is said, but the real meaning gets lost!

What do you gather from both images? Steve Jobs lives in Tennessee!  And, can anyone remember how does this relate to today's doxology?  When the rich young ruler asked Jesus what was the greatest commandment, Jesus used clear and simple language -Love God and Love Others!

When I get lost, when I look for used cows to buy, when I want buy gas and wonder if I need to pay first...I don't look to Steve Jobs from Tennessee, I look to Jesus!


No comments: