Friday, March 22, 2019

Super Hero

Day 15 Doxology: Have you ever participated in a discussion that started with the question, "If you were a super hero what would your super power be?"  Over the years, I've heard answers that created great discussions like flying, invisibility, unlimited strength...you get the idea!

The 2nd part of the discussion that involved having a super power meant determining what would be your weakness.  For instance, Kryptonite is Superman's weakness.

Today while walking in front of family after family putting their mark on the beautiful Gulf beach, I ran across this fortress.  The really cool thing about this fortress was that it was being held and protected by Ironman and two other super heroes.  Outside the fortress walls, and on the other side of a mote, was what was obviously a super villain.

No children were nearby, no one was acting out an assault on the castle, or offering defense orders to hold the wall!  It's almost like this scene was simply beach accessories...what if when no one was watching the super heroes came alive like in Toy Story I, II, and XV?  It just made me pause and snap a picture as today's doxology!  Why, you may ask?

I praised God, because all that I've just shared with you went through my very empty mind in a split second. I immediately thought well Praise God...I'm a Super Hero!  I have as my "phone a friend" life-line the creator of everything we know and don't know...every molecule seen and unseen...every emotion felt and yet to be felt!  And all I have to do is call on His name!  I am in awe at His power and the power that He has promised me!

So yes!  I am a super hero and the only weakness to my super power is...me!

No comments: