Monday, March 25, 2019

The Rings

Day 17 Doxology: Recently a friend had commented that her relationship with the closing of her rings was a love-hate relationship! I agree!  I agree more today than the day she planted the idea.

Today, I had come home and cooked for my sweet bride.  Before you take my man-card, I cooked taco salad; taco salad would not be Jones' first choice!  And, I was feeling Mexi-Americo Jones' style!

In short, I spent the afternoon working through buying groceries, putting up groceries, cooking groceries according to the goal with little attention to "The Rings!"

Closing 'The Rings" have become a love-hate relationship just like my friend suggests.   In explanation, our apple watch provides a guardian for a person to burn a set number of calories.  Color rings are a visual aids that gives one an indication of the progress for that day.

I have completed over 13 weeks of rings.  It becomes an obsessions of Move, Exercise, and Stand to close out the designated goals for each ring.

The evening is spent standing to close out the day, or jogging to burn the remaining calories for exercise.  In short, the rings become a greater focus than it's intended goal -fitness and health!

Today's doxology is the reminder that we get side-tracked while doing good!  What is our focus!  And, can we rebound to continue what God has designed us to be?

I'm certain we can!

No comments: