Thursday, March 7, 2019

You Are Awesome Mrs. Awesome

Day 2 Doxology: I didn't have to look very long before my heart's desire was to praise God.  Today's doxology came at 9:31am.  Sure, other moments in my day stood out and begged me to offer praise, but few could compare to the way my heart was moved when a dear friend sent me a text and today's doxology.


Her words reminded me of some very important things about my life. I won't share them all, but I will speak to what it feels like when someone ministers to the depths of your soul...so deep that you know that it can only be Christ.  I had to read the text several times, each time my eyes would water more and more.  And, as with each reading, I felt genuine love.  This person was Christ to me.

Certain moments just minister to me deep in my soul.  There is not a sweeter time as a father than when I see and hear my daughters laugh uncontrollably...when their eyes are crying for joy because I've made them laugh.  There is not a greater moment as a husband than when I see in my wife's eyes that she is proud of me, and tells me she loves me.  I'm never more humbled than when someone reminds me that I was their pastor, and God used even me to further their discipleship.

I love being a minister and helping when and where I can, but sometimes you wonder if you are doing any good, if you are a conduit for lives to be touched and changed.  Then in God's appointed time someone takes just a moment to say You Are Awesome!

So, let my doxology be your doxology and possibly someone else's doxology...take just a moment and contact someone you haven't heard from in a while and tell them they're awesome!  Tell them they are loved by you and God and that they matter!  In the spirit of Philippians 2:5 -in your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus!

Be Christ to them like Mrs. Awesome is to me!

No comments: