Friday, March 8, 2019

Winning The Lottery

Day 3 Doxology: Francis Chan wrote a book in 2008 with co-author Danae Yankoski called "Crazy Love" -A New York Times Best Seller!  In it there is this  creative emphasis placed on the depth of God's Crazy love.  Heck, the book was so good it inspired artist Hawk Nelson to write the song Crazy Love.  It has long since inspired my life in a number of ways.

I can remember when my wife read Chan's book and set out to accomplish the challenge of doing something spectacular and amazing for 30 days to show her love for me, her spouse. Shannon, a gifted task person, accepted and completed the challenge with honors.  Waiting for her trophy, I hadn't yet read the book, and I was left in a state of awe not knowing what I had experienced nor what I had!

I feel it's that way with God.  We don't truly understand what we have.  Through the centuries, we men [unisex] have tried to define and understand God's love...I believe we never quite live up to God's original intent.  Yet, we try!

Maybe trying is our greatest accomplishment?  In our attempts, we come closer than ever to our desire, and maybe God's desire, for everyone to be happy.  Which brings me back to Chan's book?  When Shannon read Chan's book and set out to fulfill Chan's tasks, she was so deeply bought in to making our marriage whole -not that she isn't now!  For the record...I'm the luckiest man alive!  However, it's amazing what you can accomplish if you work at it!

Over the years, her simple little task have continued...even grown!  I have notes in my closet that remind me of the things that she likes about me -it makes me want to do them more.  She leaves notes in the drawer that holds my toothpaste that reminds me that we are one -it makes me want to be even closer!  And, this morning without my asking she brewed me coffee and left a note to remind me why -it makes me want to travel to the ends of the earth to win her love every day!  Shouldn't I want to do that for God as well?

It's God's crazy love shared between this man and that woman forever!  It's like...winning the lottery!

No comments: