Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Can I Get An Amen?

Day 35 Doxology:  Some things transcend an image of an extreme high point of one's day.  Things like the smell after the rain that reminded you of a time you were excitedly waiting to go out and play as a child; the memory of old friendship and the high-points of your life that you share together; the way you felt while you stared at your sleeping child and realized that there will never be a more peaceful image.  How about, when your daughter writes a newsletter article about you and God at the church she serves in San Antonio?

Today was full of close to God moments or praises, but none were equal to the "Praise God" moment I received when J-1 forwarded her church's newsletter article to her mom.


As parents age, or at least as I get older, I think back and ponder on the things I could have done better...I ask myself, was I too hard on my children, did I work too much, did I teach them everything they will need in life?  I have a ton of questions none of which are greater than will they remain in relationship with God?  I just didn't want to mess up ministry for them.

Another high priority for me is will they think I was a good dad!  I love my dad, and he did everything I mentioned earlier, and I look back at our relationship, and I am certain that he was a great dad with high ethics and morals, and most importantly...he loved me!

So, it is highly important that my girls know that I love them!  And, in their own way I am proud of who they are, and who they are becoming!  I am the luckiest dad in the world, and if they only remember the good stuff, and forget my failures then I am the luckiest dad alive!  Tonight, I praise God for J-1, for who she is, and who she has become, and the great work God is doing through her!  Can I get an Amen?!?!?

No comments: