Monday, April 8, 2019

God Speaks!

Day 28 doxology:  This blog comes on the heels of a break from my `doxology post and this weekend's worship!  Which is amusing...doxologies shouldn't be something that deserves a break if you do not feel God speak!!

This morning I kissed my wife goodbye for work and then went about my day.  Between you and me. I couldn't delete the smell of our morning, and our kick-start day's kiss.  In light of our mornings, I cannot omit the passion that is smothered by the demand of week-day work.  In the end our of week, our love is stronger than ever!

I realize this could be perceived as a lot of puff to distract from our goal..a 'Praise to God" moment to share with others!

Here it is...I am a pastor.  We are privilege to live in a parsonage provided by the church I serve.  We are blessed!  Hear me say...we are blessed!  Also, hear me say I am blessed!

I am blessed because of the yin and yang of my life -My wife.  She tolerates the duties in my life that I cannot. In return, I happily do the things in our life that she cannot, yet it always works!  Yet, WE always work!

Today's doxology image is an image of Jonesy resolving a need...

Parsonage life can be uncomfortable with a difficult church. However, Isom's Chapel has been anything but, we love our home and our church!  Even if you have a great relationship between church and family...needs arise.

Today image reflects a small example of those needs!  I'll say there is an underestimation of the role of our help-mates! We have replace the door-knobs that we inherited and happy to do so!  My thoughts are...Shannon painted and then changed out the door knobs to match the kitchen cabinets and an over-all deco presentation.  It's a picture that I wouldn't get...unless?

Unless she replaced the scripture given to us from the door-hanger from Jeremiah 33:3, Call to me, and I will answer you!

1)The scripture helps us thru our needs.
2) My wife is so eager to do...

I want to say this...listen and you might hear God speak...then we will sing, "Praise God from whom all blessings flow..."




No comments: