Saturday, April 6, 2019

Just Means More!

Day 27 Doxology:  Not to steal a line from the SEC, but some day's doxology just means more!  That is the way I feel about today's!

I spent all day at an Emmaus Team Meeting, then I spoke to a youth group at another church in my community and couldn't wait to get home to share this post with each of you.  I am certain that it will not conjure the same emotion in you that it does for me, but then again...this is my Doxology Blog and my "praise be to God!"

Today's doxology is a partial screenshot of a message sent to me while at today's team meeting. 

What is going on in this picture?  1) Are we auditioning as patients on a dentist commercial? 2) Was I in pain because I sprained my knee? 3) Was Christen sneezing? 3) Was Christen choking on a bug?  4) Were we seeing how wide we could open our mouth? 5) Was I hissing and Christen gargling with mouthwash? 6) Why am I wearing a GoPro on my head? 7) Who wrecked on their bicycle barely visible in the bottom of the screenshot?  So many unanswered questions...maybe there are more!

We had just returned from a baptism in a river deep in the woods for some better-than-amazing people.  I've got pictures of these three ladies being baptized while young children climb in and out of the water around us on the rocks. That day had something for everyone, mainly God, maybe me!  We hiked out and back, and we laughed!  But...that's what we did, often...laughed!

My family and her's would sit for hours after worship on leather couches talking and laughing about life.  We would discuss topics that people were afraid of discussing.  We really cared about what was going on in each other's lives, and here is what I know (what I learned)...to say it was ministry would dilute what our families shared...to call it ministry wouldn't do it just, which is probably what God intended all along!

Also, here is what I noticed over those several hours investing in our friendship...I loved our conversations, but I really, really loved to make her laugh!  When this sweet girl laughed....life was just better.  God puts people in your life to remind you how good it is to love...And there are people in your life that just mean more!  Whether she will admit it or not, she is Christ to me, and today's doxology, because she just means more!

No comments: