Monday, April 15, 2019

Don't Waste the Beauty!

Day 34 Doxology: I love this time of year.  Everything is coming alive, the colors are vibrant and rich.  However, it seems like the colors of the prettiest foliage does not last.


A few mornings ago, I was met with the Azalea Bushes outside our home coming alive to meet spring. It was like they bloomed over-night, and in my surprise, I think I uttered a quick "Praise God" in respect of their beauty. Then my next thought was how long will their beauty last?  It was almost like I couldn't enjoy the birth of their beauty for the dread of their death. Now we all know the bush doesn't die, but the flowers of the Azalea are short lived.  It's not long before they darken up, dry up, and fall off.  What's left is just a bush.

It made me think about this time of year, more precisely Holy Week. What if we approached our love of Christ with the same attitude that I used to view my Azalea Bushes.  What if the beauty of our relationship with Jesus was shortened by the realization that he was born to die!

Praise God!  Praise God that His love for me was so great that He wants my eternal focus to be on more about life than death, and praise God that He has made that life possible!  Don't waste the beauty for fearing the death!  He has risen, he has risen indeed!

No comments: