Thursday, April 4, 2019

P.R.A.I.S.E. Award

Day 26 Doxology: Let me start by saying yes, Shannon is today's doxology yet again!

Although these pictures were taken yesterday, I didn't see Shannon's post until this morning, and everything after that failed in comparison.  When I was in school, it was never a good thing if the principal and/or assistant principal came to my home.  Wow, has things changed!

A new initiative to help celebrate students that excel in six characteristic was launched yesterday at Hazel Green Elementary!  Students that are nominated by their teacher are visited by Shannon and her principal Dr. Jones and receive the P.R.A.I.S.E. award.  The P.R.A.I.S.E. awards stands for Participate, Reliable, Attitude, Independence, Selfless, and Enjoyable.  I cannot imagine the joy that was shared around the dinner table that evening at each home they visited.  However, that is only part of my doxology!

Every stage of my adult life has been made better because of my wife.  She planted the seed to return to school when we first met.  As a result I worked in Nuclear Medicine for years.  Then when I felt called into ministry, and when I told her she said, "Well, that is what we'll do then!"  It has seemed like she has always been the greatest help-mate that God could have ever gifted me.

In every one of my appointments, her focus has been on how could she help to make ministry better for me; it's never been about her.  And, so when I look at this post, all I see is a wonderful change-agent in a child's life, and really in the all the lives around her, because she is infectious!

The Talmud says, "He who saves a single life, saves the world entire."  Shannon is saving a community, by saving families, by saving a single child! When I was in school, administrators hardly left their offices let alone deliver balloons to the home of their students!  I could never be more proud of a her for living out her calling the way that she does!  Today she wins my P.R.A.I.S.E. award!




No comments: