Thursday, March 20, 2014

Chilling Praise! Burrrrr!

Day 13 Doxology:  Wow!  What a day of doxology moments when I can raise eyes and voice to God in praise and thanksgiving.  I could bear witness to J-2 being tapped into the National Honor Society (And, until later at The Summit this took the cake); my political conversation with David D. about America and “Mother Russia” (I think it was more about his being informed); My activities at The May’s home which was opened and welcoming with family love (but proved to be a bit chilling).

Before I go further, I think I need to comment on the “May’s Compound”!  It is a combination of serenity and contemplation.  I’m sure many will agree the serenity is confined to the “Hot Tube,” while the contemplation is because of the pressure of friends and cold water.   Either way, the ol’ Riverboat Captain and his lovely wife Nancy, opened their home to so many hopeful participants that would brave the challenge from friend and family.  Thank you Nancy and Joey May!

I included a video of the hopeful challenge to my wife (what was I thinking?), Olivia Wilks (Dang great job costing me money), and John Amos (pretty scared I’m goin’ to be tasered). However, that was not my “Doxology” moment.
It would be absolutely easy to pick the whole church doing something wild and crazy for our Daycare Ministry as my doxology moment.  I mean think about it…everyone in the church is in a buzz about their challenge or the completion of “The Challenge.”   Yet, I saw God in the laughter and communication in the ride home.


Everything that I've mentioned are, in their own right a true "Doxology Moment, " however, once we left the May’s, J-1 and I started home laughing and joking about what had just happened (Sorry, no picture).  We discussed who should be challenged and who would except such a challenge.  The older I get the more I value these moments with my children.  This could easily be an “Ah that’s nice moment,” but it’s so much more.  While I traveled home in my boxers wrapped in a blanket; our hair wet; waiting for our throats to be sore, waiting on the flu to accost our home, we could do nothing but realize that we had shared a moment together.  I thank God, and I thank Missy W. and my church family for allowing me this moment with my daughter. That is truly a moment of praise and thanksgiving that I am fast becoming a fan of anything family! I pray you are as well?  “Praise be to God from whom all Blessings flow...”

No comments: