Friday, March 14, 2014

Sky-like Predictions

Day 9 Doxology:  If you live in, or are from, Alabama you recognize this image.  Maybe…certainly, I’m ignorant and others from other states recognize this image as well.  However, Alabama is my reference to the world, for better or for worse. So, bear with me...

I looked at tonight sky and immediatly predicted rain for the coming days.  Maybe it was my experience or my anticipation.  Either way, my forecast called for precipitation.  When I saw the night sky over the smell of chicken wings on my Green Egg and the sound of text messages on my phone, I immediately wonder something…I’m I seeing the joy of the Lord in the moment or predicting the “blah” for tomorrow?  You see, I think as Christians we get caught up in a miss-use of focused blessings (I think I’ll coin that phrase).  The bottom line… we as Christ followers are seldom happy and yet we should rejoice in the moment always –James 1:17.  Please pause and recognize that a child’s messy room is just as much a gift as your best worship experience –if in Christ!  What is the saying…”God is good” and our collective answer?  “All the time!”  All the time means always -every day and in every way.  Praise be to the God that trumps our plans and predictions. “God has greater plans for you than you could ever have for yourself.” You like Apples?

No comments: