Monday, March 17, 2014

God's Love - Domestic and Abroad!

Day 11 Doxology: Today, I first experienced God while reading JAmos' "Day 11 Devotional" available to the whole church.  Then, I experienced God at our Mountain Lakes District Roman's Bible study.  After wards, I witnessed God through your assorted text messages and emails from the weekend and the start of your week.  So many ways to experience God now that I am open to God at work during Lent, but…maybe my biggest doxology came from my amazing wife.  Before you cringe wait to hear how.

I received a wrapped gift today that represented the culmination of months of secretive work to please one of my deepest passions…sailing!  That's right sailing.  Since our first sailing class together, Shannon and I wanted to take the next class in the series so that chartering sailing vessels abroad would be made easier.  Well, at least I wanted to take the next class.  The class description was defined as a "live aboard" for 5 days to complete the 103 and 104 Coastal Sailing Classification.  As I shared, when I got home Shannon (like a kid in candy store) was eager to give me the books that I would use to prepare me for my class and a note that stated that she had almost paid for the already scheduled mid-week class.  To be clear, the doxology moment was the undeserving, unconditional love that my wife continually surprises me with daily.  No way do I deserve this kind of love.  Thank you God for giving me a mate to share your love.

No comments: