Thursday, March 9, 2017

Bamm!

Day 8 Doxology: Today's doxology has a taste of contradiction.  On one hand God's greatness permeates everything and anything we experience in this world, but on the other, we revel in our brilliance to adapt.

Have you ever heard of the story of a tower named Babel?  The story is told in Genesis chapter 11, and is used to explain the origin of different languages.  What happened was clear and simple...humanity could speak one language which meant we could communicate and work together.  We thought, in great communication, Hey...let's build a city and a tower all the way to the heavens.  Here's the contradiction...The Lord came down and said, The people are one, I'd better stop this right now.  Bamm!  Different languages!

Abel Grimmer (1570-1619).
I feel like humanity is always eagerly pushing forward and achieving. The majority of the world pushes the envelope scientifically without any thoughts or comfort that science and God can coexist. I believe one doesn't disprove the other but compliment the findings in each respective field.

This evening a tree service came and cut down a tree that had died and posed a danger to the power lines, a power pole, and anyone passing by in front of my house.  Just like a kid that played with dump trucks, tractors, bulldozers and loaders, I marveled at what felt like a new toy-a bucket truck in my driveway!

I was hypnotized as the bucket reached to the heavens and wondered if I could be bold enough to take it to the top.  I couldn't help but to think...humanity is resilient.  Someone at some time thought...I could cut this tree down easier and safer if I had a long arm with a basket on the end.  Bamm!  A Bucket Truck!

The great inventions of our life, and the lives of all the generations before us are not a test or challenge for God.  It is an inherent quality that separates us from other species.  In my opinion...it really speaks to God's brilliance.  Bamm!  God Made Us!


No comments: