Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Relationships

Day 13 Doxology:  Today's doxology may seem a bit odd, and at first a little contradictory.  Our church's daycare director is leaving after 6 years of emptying herself into the families of our daycare.  My "Praise To God" (Doxology) moment is not watching her pack the remainder of her items (including several Diet Mountain Dews) and drive away, but that God blessed me and this church with a mom, friend, and grandmother that truly cares about the children that God saw fit to loan her during working hours.  My doxology is because she is my friend.

John 15:15 reminds us, "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends."  This person has done just that.  She has worked late, come in early, spent hours on the phone, in prayer, in conversation, in maintenance, and with tears to help the families that came through our doors.  At the heart of her mantra...our daycare is a ministry.

She had a crazy funny side to her...like the time I locked my keys up in my office.  She took a vent off and climbed through the smallest hole ever to use a stapler to unlock my door.

So, here is my real doxology as she walked to her car with cases of gifted Diet Mountain Dew, she is not gone forever.  She led our daycare for a season of our life, created a foundation of hope and love so that we can trust in our next new season with new ideas and new excitement for the children in our care. My friend, our daycare director, our mom, wife, grandmother whatever relationship she is to you...gave us a great start in life and now it is up to us!  I like our odds, but the best way we can honor her work is to build on what she started.  Thank you buddy for everything and all of the relationships!






No comments: