Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Living In Two Worlds

Day 12 Doxology: Living in two worlds is really taxing.  I've always known it, but this morning the words finally came to me.  I started stirring earlier than usual and went to the hot tub. In the piece and cold of the morning I noticed it started to sprinkle.  There was a slight breeze, so the tiny drops of rain were blowing in on me although our hot tub is under cover.

I sat chest-deep in the 105 degree bubbling water while the 30 plus degree morning air offered a huge contrast for my shoulders and head.  The tiny drops of rainy sort of stung my skin as steam rises from the water surface.  It was at this moment that I thought about the difficultly of many people living in contrasting worlds.

Even in the church, faithful-hopefuls experiment with partial love.  There seems to be a part of their life that welcomes the contrast, but usually out of fear.  The world continues to sting them a little at a time while areas of their life feel the warmth that could optionally consume them.  For them there could be a life without the tip of their nose cold to touch, our their shoulders feeling chapped form the  cool air, but part of them acknowledges that they know the depth of that pain.  It is the unknowing that their afraid of.

My advice is go all the way under; wet your head; warm your nose and shoulders.  Life is meant to be live and lived abundantly. Start the process of losing the numbness that is brought on by living in two worlds.

No comments: