Friday, March 3, 2017

Step Into The Light!

Day 3 Doxology: Yesterday you learned that part of my morning ritual included time at The Gym.  This morning's drive offered a doxology of sorts.

I've always heard it said, "If you don't like the weather in Alabama then just wait a day."  The obvious implication is that the weather changes rather quickly quite often.  This morning supported the ol' cliche.  The first thing I noticed was I was going to need a coat.

Then I noticed this....
..frost!  

As I left my neighborhood and headed south on 75, I saw more and more signs of frost covering the roofs of each home that I passed.  However, not every roofline was completely blanketed with frost like the picture I took for you.  There was, on almost every home, a contrast of frost covered sections of the roof.  That is when I felt the breath of God mention the power of light.

Throughout scripture God is described as light, and darkness reflects the absence of God.  John 1:4 says, "In Him was Life, and that life was light to all mankind."  I associate light with growth and health.  The obvious image reflects the absence of frost due to the warmth of the sun only on the section of roof in the light.  In the shade the frost still exist even though it is close to life-altering light.

I see this everyday in the church.  There are many people that refuse to allow the light to consume their life.  If they could just be bold and trusting the warmth of the Father would bring healing and safety to their upside world.  It's not enough to be attached to a roof that is in the light...you only reap the benefits promised to you if you trust enough to step into the light!

If your world feels cold, dark, and unfulfilled, and you go to church, you're busy serving, and you try to do "good" stop it, please!  Stop trying to be what you think the world needs, and start allowing the light to consume every shingle, every gutter, and every downspout of your life!  Step into the light!

May the light of God warm your world as you discover more and more during this season of Lent!



No comments: