Monday, March 13, 2017

Cheesy...Not!

Day 11 Doxology: Many of you will think today's doxology is a little cheesy. I've spent my whole day looking for a potential doxology moment to share.  As a result, I saw many things that I could lay on the altar to point to God, but none really spoke to me like past doxology moments have.  It was until the day was over, and I gave up trying that I was healed from my blindness.

This is spring break for my wife, and since she has been working away from home...having her home for a week-long spring break really came with a huge blessing.  My day's "praise to God" is just being with the woman of my dreams.

This weekend the text for my sermon was John 9.  It was the story of Jesus healing the blind man.  So the blind man could see, and the Pharisees (although with sight) was blind Spiritually.  There was a verse at the end of that chapter where Jesus said, "For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind." Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, "What? Are we blind too?" Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains."  I think today I was guilty of a little Spiritual blindness. 

I wonder if sometimes we try too hard.  We have all the answers figured out before we've heard the questions.  In a way, we become blind to the potential of God's miracles that take place before our eyes.  For me sight came only until I quit looking.  Then what I saw that was worthy of praise was my wife and all our time together.  What better way to honor God than to find ways to honor the marriage covenant that I hold with my wife.  It's not cheesy, it's just love!

No comments: