Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Be My Lenten Valentines

Day 1 Doxology:  Well, it's been a long time, and a lot has changed since our last Lenten season together.  We moved to another city, I serve a new church family, my mom has passed away, my daughters have wrecked and gotten new cars, and my insurance has increased -a lot has changed!  New must be in the air...did you know that this is the first time Valentine's Day and Ash Wednesday have been on the same day since 1945?  Go down the laundry list of things that have changed in the world since 1945!

The more things change it seems the more they stay the same -I am loved unconditionally by my Lord; the world tries to come between our relationship; Lent helps refocus that relationship; and Shannon is still my Valentine!  Yep!  For 26 years Shannon, and since the beginning of time God, have been faithful in their unconditional love for me.

So, tonight is a small start to 40 days of intense re-focus on the important things in my life -God, spouse, children...in that order!  Let's don't wait another 72 years before we remind both God and spouse that we are thankful for their never-ending, unconditional love for us.

Oh yeah, Go Team USA!

No comments: