Saturday, February 24, 2018

God is Still Good!

Day 10 Doxology: I opened my computer this morning, and I had a preset alert to remind me of my mom's birthday!  If you are unaware, my mom just past away Jan 23rd of this year.  She had come to our parsonage home on Hospice and was here until her death.  It may sound weird to the ear, but our time was a blessing.

We had a great time together.  My daughters would come home and climb in bed with her until either mom or my daughters would doze off asleep.  We watched football and laughed about stories we haven't talked about in years.  We spent a lot of time commenting on the snow.  And, we also shed a few tears!  Through it all, it was The Congressional Medal of Honor of doxology moments for this year!

So, instead of talking about the days leading up to her passing, I wanted to raise the highest of Praise God Moments to our time together, my family, my church family, our friends, and everyone associated with Alacare Hospice that made sure we never felt alone!

So if your math is good, my mom passed away almost a month before her birthday, but through our conversations, and our time together, it's hard to be sad what she traded this life for!  One of the last things she asked was "Where is your daddy?" My answer, "Waiting on you!"

So, instead of Happy Birthday Momma, I'll say Happy Homecoming! Because, in good times and sad...God is still Good!


2 comments:

Yankee Bruce said...

Thank you for the inspiration, Tony.

Having had my moment over the passing of a loved one, it seems the issue becomes "where is your focus?" If we only focus on us, then we will simply wallow in our own misery, if our focus is on Him, we can get through the loss without the destruction of our own lives.

I was amazed to watch Pam face her own mortality without fear, and her ministry to me of our eternal reward.

Be blessed, Tony, and continue to inspire at least me.

Thank you!!

- Yankee Bruce

Unknown said...

That was beautiful Tony! I too was blessed to be with my daddy & momma the last weeks of their lives. Oh what a blessing it was! I love you Bro. Tony!