Saturday, February 17, 2018

If Only For An Evening

Day 4 Doxology:  Welcome to a Saturday evening in the Pacific Northwest...Just kidding!  However, you can't tell from today's weather -which sets up today's doxology!

It has been a busy week.  String together several late nights or several periods of wide-eyes, and you get a pretty fatigued pastor.  In fact, last night, I only logged in about 3.5 hours of sleep after cooking 2 Boston Butts for our Upward Basketball ministry at church-we've sold out every Saturday. Who's your Pork Daddy?

So, after several games including half-time devo's, and hanging out with "mini-me" doing some fat-face selfies, I was pretty spent!  Seattle weather or San Destin sunshine...I was crashing when I got home!

Before you say get to the point, and I say why use 10 words when 100 will work, my doxology is about Sabbath!  Why are we so reluctant to take the time to recharge or reset?  When God gave the 10 Commandments it included instructions to observe the Sabbath. By sharing, God's message was clear...If creation didn't crash when I rested, then it won't crash when you do it!  So, today's doxology is praising God for Seattle outside and Sabbath inside...if only for an evening!

Talk to you Monday...

No comments: