Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Framily

Day 12 Doxology: I was not a part of today's doxology, but someone I love was.  That's the way it is...when someone you love is happy then you're happy!  I think that idea started the often-used quote, "When momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!"  Either way, in this case momma and the person I love are one in the same!

Shannon taught for 25 years with the same group of women before she left to take a job as an assistant principle here in North Alabama.  This group of women have become extensions of our family.  These women were also the same group that participated in their Wednesday morning prayer group.  They got up early every Wednesday putting family and their normal routine on hold to pray for their school, family, and friends when no one else would.  They lost family members together, they dealt with sickness and disappointment, praise and anger...all together!  The test of their friendship came when I moved Jones to Athens...they came to visit and take her out to eat.

It gets better!  Todays doxology (my praise to God) is bestowed upon these 5 ladies that once again set their family aside to remind my wife that she is a part of something bigger by meeting her for dinner.  Accountability groups do just that...hold each other accountable whether you are 3 miles or 77 miles apart.

Thank you for making my wife's day/night...I think the term is "Framily" -it's when friends become closer than close and know you more than family! And, because this framily was here for Shannon it makes it an even better doxology for my day!  Thank you ladies for taking the time!

No comments: