Tuesday, February 20, 2018

My Greatest Doxology Ever

Day 6 Doxology:  Most days my loudest doxology moment comes from the moment my eyes focus on my amazing wife.  It just dawned on me how often I forget to tell her.  If I have the blessing of getting home before she does my heart leaps the moment she walks through the door!

Did you know that every great thing that has happened in my life has her attached to it.  When I fell in love, it was with her.  When I felt true love offered by God, she was there.  When I felt the blessing of marriage (shocker) it was with her! When I experienced the miracle of childbirth 3 times, she was a huge part of that miracle. When I experienced a tangible feeling of forgiveness, that was not just talk, it was from her.

Early in our marriage, I realized she had a way of making me want to be a better person!  So, I have spent my life trying to give her something to be proud of.  She has never done anything but build me up and made me think I was alone on that pedestal.  And, all of this was just the first part of our life together!

Now we are moving toward a new phase of our life.  In fact, in our hot-tube time (usually later at night than either of us would hope) we plan and dream about the next part of our life together, but the truth is it doesn't matter.  God's promise is this, "For I know the plans I have for you..."!

At the end of the day I believe, God has greater plans for me than I could ever make for myself, and because of Jones..."the proof is in the puddin'!"  And, she will always be my greatest doxology moment of every day!

No comments: