Saturday, February 27, 2016

Change Of....Anything

Day 15 Doxology:  After yesterday's "doxology" I will be less that....And more of this.  Tonight...today, I had to do some plumbing. I hate plumbing!!!!

I hate plumbing, because past experiences have proven that I am a bull in a china shop.  I fix the leaky problem here and tear up something up-line there.  Plumbing has been a series of hates!

This evening contradicts that thought, and since this is a "doxology" blog...a "praise to God moment of my day"...I felt inclined to share how I felt God spoke to me this evening.

I felt the overwhelming urge to take a shower.  We have a shower outside, and I apologize if this is TMI, but I love our PRIVATE outdoor shower.  The recycled shower-head needed replacing since I was unable to fix the old one.

I couldn't, as much as I tried, so I opted for an updated version of what we had.

Sometimes change is good!  Hear me...sometimes change is good!  I know that it goes against everything within us...but some changes are beneficial.

Should we stay in high school forever, no?  Should we remain in our favorite college forever, no?  Should we stay at home, eat the same foods forever, worship the same way forever -no, no, no!  NO!

Tonight's blog may seem over-stated and less popular than yesterday's record breaking views, but...tonight I changed the shower-head outside for no reason other than to try something better?  As it turns out...it was!

With the old head I never touched the cold.  It was hot wide open... ! With tonight's new shower-head I thought it was going to peal away skin-help, someone might need to call the burn unit at UAB!  It was more efficient and more comfortable to use-after I adjusted the temp.  This is the image before....



Never have I used the cold (ball valve on the left) to take a shower...tonight I had to...

What if we could condition ourselves to be so bold as to accept change even though things are going great?

The church is in decline -we are not- because it has the undeniable ability to be stuck in the mud.  The beauty of The Summit -my home church- is our freedom to change.  I have never felt pressured, nor resentment, because I changed the order of worship or did something differently than before.  Sometimes...change is good...sometimes change is even great!

In the morning we will wake up and eat piles of pancakes at Sante Fe -  to raise money for missions...I will serve you and your neighbors...while serving God.  Who would have ever thought years ago that serving pancakes would be considered missions?  Who would have thought that a shower would remind us? Change is not only good, it is great!

Thank you for trusting God to be great in every circumstance!

No comments: