Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Hidden Doors

Day 7 Doxology:  I always wanted a library in my house with a bookshelf full of books as a secret door.  I didn't care where the door went...my adolescence thought it would be cool.  One thing is for certain a secret door in the church would be problematic.

I had a meeting today at a church within our district and when I excused myself for the restroom (Seems to be a running theme?) I found myself trying to remember how to get back to my meeting.  Churches are like that -a maze of insider language that leads you down the wrong hall.  One room that I went into, left me more than puzzled for a second.

The door in this room had been painted to look like the wall, and it did.  So much so that a quick glance made me pause and backtrack.  Within a few steps I knew that I had missed something and discovered the illusion.

What doors could be useful in our life that we paint over and conceal hoping that no one ever discovers their true purpose?  Doors are meant to transport us from one place to another -a place that we want or need to go.  If they are shut, it is intended to be temporary.  Let us covenant together?  My calling dictates that I discover some doors, and when I do God can redefine their purpose.  Do you have any such doors in your life?

No comments: