Saturday, February 13, 2016

I Am Your's

Day 4 Doxology:  Have you ever thought about how small you are and how large the world is?  When I went to Jerusalem, I thought..."I'm just a small fish in the pond."  When Shannon and I went to Estonia we both were reminded, how little we were compared to the the people in the world.  We are such a small piece of the puzzle.

I serve a church of many.  Each, with their own personality, make up the ministry that God has appointed us to...each of us are equipped for God's greatness.

This evening, I have to admit, I had an external focus on me -I had already served God by attending a funeral.  However, when I returned home I eagerly worked on tomorrow's worship -Holy is thou, right!

I walked outside to fry chicken wings :) and...I looked up!  What I saw paused my breath and maybe even my heart.  I saw the moon which is to come...


This thought became my doxology for today.  After the proclamation of one's love for God... shared at the funeral, and after each family member stood in allegiance to their Mom's God,  I shouldn't pause at the thought of God, but I did.

With uncooked wings in hand I stopped and gazed at the stars. Everything that God created is huge and my world is so very small.  How can I ever think I am the center of the universe?

Thank you Lord for the limited and broad view I have of the world...I am your's!

No comments: