Monday, February 15, 2016

No Brainer?

Day 6 Doxology: If past week's blogs seemed a little dark and serious maybe you can join me in seeing the humor in today's blog.  I had my regularly scheduled dentist appointment this morning -x-rays and cleaning.  When I arrived I thought I would help myself to the restroom just in case -never pass up a bathroom, right?  As soon as I stepped into the restroom, I turned on the light and...voilà!   Guess what was staring me in the face?  This sign....


Am I the only one that thinks it odd that there are some people that do not know how to wash their hands?  I laughed, and thought to myself, does my hand-washing procedure usually take 40-60 seconds like the sign suggest?  I really thought to myself, this is just another example of the wussification of America. Now the public is responsible for teach someone else's "responsibility" what they should have learned years earlier...in the home!  Is this another example of the breakdown of the home?

I stood there a bit staring at the display of instruction-by-numbers before my mind turned to God.  I wonder if the Israelites looked up from melting their jewelry for the golden calf just as Moses came down the mountain with the 10 Commandments and said..."really?"  Really, thou shalt not kill?  Some things just seem like a no brainer?  I wonder if God thought the entire human race was wussified when he gave Moses the 10 commandments to a group of sojourners years ago?  It makes me wonder about the part where God said "love God and love neighbor."  Maybe we haven't come as far as we'd like to think?  58...59...60!  Ok, I'm clean!

No comments: