Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Love Dust!

Day 1 Doxology: Where to begin...the beginning is always best.  It's Lent and that means Doxology Devotions for 40 days excluding Sundays.  It's been my Lenten tradition now for many years, and quite frankly it's my greatest blessing of Lent as well.

This first of several doxology moments came tonight at our Ash Wednesday service.  Ash Wednesday is a time when we are reminded that from the moment we were born we are to die.  A pretty dim message to share, right?  Not really.

In our Ash Wednesday Service we join with Christians across this small globe in receiving the mark of a cross made of ashes on our foreheads, and the sign of the cross reminds us that we are infinitely more than dust.  We are God's sons and daughters, and nothing (Not even death) can separate us from God's love. We are "Love Dust!"

During tonight's Ash Wednesday Service I felt this overwhelming joy that I get to share the message of "Love Dust" with a congregation I love!  I serve the greatest church in the world!  Bring on Lent!

No comments: