Friday, March 13, 2020

Extra Joneses

Day 15 Doxology: What does your house sound like?  What noise fills or doesn't fill your rooms and halls?  The noises in your house may have changed so slightly that you haven't even noticed the change.  Today I did.

I was at home today and two of the three "J's" came in sat down and started watching t.v. and the room went from dead to alive in a moments notice.  I had forgotten how much they joked or commented on the movie they were watching.  I'd forgotten how much laughter was apart of their world.  I had forgotten how often they both sat in the same chair for hours at a time while they joked and laughed.

It was great to have the house filled with their voices.  It was even better to have them at arms reached.  So, naturally my doxology would be their being home, but more importantly my doxology is the fact that all my girls have grown to a level of maturity that is healthy for them.

As parents, if we had our way we would never change certain areas of our life which would leave us dysfunctional or incomplete.  I personally wouldn't want to have let my parents go, or worst, I would have kept my 3 girls at 6, 5, 4 years of age.  Maturing in all areas of our life is healthy.

I am reminded of Paul instructing the people of Corinth that they were on milk for a while because they had not reached a level of maturity, but the time would come when they would be expected to eat solid food...once they matured.

Children grow up; parents grow older; life changes; houses become quieter...it is the evolution of life or at least it should be. Right now I'm loving life with some extra Joneses!

No comments: