Monday, March 9, 2020

Spiritual H2O

Day 11 Doxology: I had a pretty uneventful Monday in terms of a huge doxology moment.  Which made me think deeper about the little things that I do, or don't do, on a daily basis.  So, many of you may read today's blog and say the ol' boy is stretching it today, or maybe not...it's my prayer that you just might start to think about how God is speaking to you.

After a weekend of driving to Camp Sumatanga more times than one should, I found myself drinking way-more coffee than is recommended and hardly any water per day for body health. Clemson University released their guidelines for water consumption as 1 quart, or 32 ounces, for every 50 pounds of body weight.  That means I need at least 185.6 ounces of good ol' fashion H2O each day. It dawned on me that I seldom come close to their recommendation, but today that was going to change.

So, I bought a huge water bottle and started at it at record pace.  Before long I had consumed roughly half of the 3 liter bottle of water but was slowing down exponentially.  I was determined to succeed!

According to ThoughtCo.com the amount of water in the human body ranges between 45-75%.  The average adult range is 50-65% while the percentage in infants is much higher at 75-78%.  I believe that I never achieve my normal range of water for health, why?

One reason is it takes work!  You know what I mean...water in; water out!  This led me to the point of today's doxology.

I believe that life begins at conception.  That means that before we were born, there is something beyond this world at work.  That makes us spiritual beings first and human being second.  If that is the case, why shouldn't we be more concerned with our spiritual health more than our physical health.  If I would have spent as much time today in Biblical study and talking with God as I did drinking water and going to the restroom, I believe God would have said "Praise Me!"

So...even though I drank all that water in one day for the first time in years, I realize I did achieve some level of health, albeit Spiritual!  Enlightened at about 55%, I think tomorrow I will focus more on the Spiritual H2O than the physical H2O.




No comments: