Saturday, March 7, 2020

Not Getting Stuck

Day 10 Doxology: Good Evening!  I pray that these 10 days of Easter preparation have been as much a blessing for you as it has been for me...I am just now starting to see God's wonders more and more with each day. Which leads us to today's doxology.

While driving I saw this calf, and I couldn't wait to show you the concerned look on his face.  As I stopped to take the picture, I couldn't help but wonder what was he thinking and what was God saying to me through his action.  After a time of prayer, it dawned on me the bigger picture that was being revealed.

Have you ever felt so strong about something that you would risk it all?  That the topic was so sensitive that all kinds of personal-health indicators jumped off the charts when you started thinking about.  Sometimes we find ourselves in the middle of something, and we aren't entirely sure how to get ourselves out let alone remember how we got ourselves into it to begin with.  We look around us and it seems that everyone else has it so together feeding on the green grass, but not us.  We have plenty of manna, but we just feel confined, maybe trapped, by our own doing.

So, we just freeze.  Before we know it we are frozen in time watching the world pass us by and gawk at our situation. It doesn't have to be that way.  Proverbs reminds us to "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your understanding."

How much do we allow God to direct our paths?

The calf thought the hay looked good, but before he knew it he was right in the middle of all that goodness -stuck.  Personal advancement and/or change is great when it comes to the kingdom of God- if it glorifies God! When it's not so great is when it comes to the advancement of ourselves -for self sake.  I pray that whatever the future holds for you, that it advances the Kingdom of God, and I believe that is a sure-fire way of not getting stuck just doing life.

No comments: