Tuesday, March 24, 2020

This World, or Beyond

Day 24 Doxology: Many parts of life get drowned out.

On a personal note, I struggle with tinnitus. I have in my ear the sound of an outboard motor buzzing near my head, or at best the sound of crickets in the dark of the night all the time.  I sleep with a fan for the sound not for the air.  So, one could imagine the reason why I say, "Huh?"

This morning while enjoying my morning in the hot tub, the rain was very noticeable.  I loved the sound of the rain against the tin roof that Shannon and I erected this year.  At times the sound was deafening, but other times it was the right balance to ward off the tinnitus demon that haunts me too often. So today's doxology was about sound...blinding, deafening sound!

I sat there and thought about the sounds of life.  How we search to drown out life's sound with anything and everything.  We search for anything to drown out the parts of life that give us a huge amount of discomfort.  However, there are times of life when sound and action are in balance with one another and we don't recognize the noises of life.  God has done that for me on a spiritual level.

God's love and acceptance was enough to drown out the world's noise.  I think the balance would be how can we continue to tune into God's frequency that the outside world doesn't distort.  Sometimes what we think we hear to be right and perfect in this world is not that which is real...it's just tinnitus.

What part of this world, or beyond, do you hear the most?



No comments: