Thursday, March 5, 2020

Mosaic of Doxologies

Day 8 Doxology:  A fun day comes to an end, albeit much later than usual.  Today's "praise God" moment is brought to you by all the wonderful people that I have had the pleasure to come in contact with today.

My day started at 4:30am waking up next to my wife.  We both got ready for our day -her's to school and mine to workout at Athen's Crossfit.  I can't tell you what a great group of people it takes to help make you excited about working out at 5am -an early start to "praising God!"

Next was cutting up with our church administrative assistant.  She is so conscious to make sure everything is meticulously done right while I continually distract from her perfection...she is worthy of a "doxology" all her own, but today she will have to share.

Soon, I was off to visit some members in the hospital for laughter and prayer -always a time to offer praise!

As the day drew to a close I meet my pilgrim and head to Emmaus which is my first of three pictures.  Every time I sponsor a pilgrim on their Emmaus Walk I am always humbled that someone has the enormous trust in me to commit to a weekend away from family to experience God at new depths.  I believe if you asked, most people would say, "Well, I'd like to experience God like that." But, it's my experience that not everyone will make such a commitment.  The picture I took is of the two of just before I dropped him off for his journey, and a moment for which I will never get tired of "praising God!"

When I arrived at camp I saw many old friends!  One darling in particularly I haven't seen in a while and my heart was reminded how fun she is.  In fact, I think that every time we are at camp together she gets me in trouble. Regardless, she's pretty special and probably has the quickest wit of anyone I know...for that reason I will only say nice things about her here -"Praise God!"

As the day comes to a close, I meet my wife and another special friend that I've missed for quite a while.  About the time we moved to Athens she and her husband moved several states away.  She was home this week checking on her house and had time to drop in to warm an old out-of-shape heart.  We've spent hours working out together over the years talking about the latest diet and how to be healthy.  At times we were more serious than others, but tonight when I saw her for the first time in almost 3 years I realized that her secret to health and diet was to stop working out with me!  That is probably more of a doxology for her than me, but still worthy of praise!


So to sum (which is now your doxology!), our days are full of all kinds of people that are blessings to us if we let them...if we see them as such.  I guess a question to consider...are you just as much a blessing to them as they are to you?  If we are then we have a mosaic of doxologies each and every day to share -Praise God!

No comments: