Monday, March 30, 2020

On Me!

Day 29 Doxology: Sorry that today's doxology is so late.  Shannon and I were at J-2's yet again for the completion of today's to do list.  What I got was more than I bargained for.

I was finishing up with a final wall soon to become the outside wall for the tub.  In short, it was a wall to be tiled not long down the road.  The wall, as it stands, was part plaster and part cement block with many different raised areas that made it impossible to attach tile.  So, a false wall was a must.

While I was chipping away some of the remaining cement that would prevent our false wall from becoming plumb, Eben (J-2's bo) handed me a chisel to use.  It made me pause and think.

All my life I've heard the story of Jesus' resurrection.  All my life I heard the words of Jesus, "Forgive them for they know not what they do."  It wasn't until today did I understand it to depths that I cannot explain.  I was the one that didn't know what I was doing.

An undisputed fact in scripture is that Jesus was crucified -nailed to a cross.  Scripture tells us that he was crucified for my sins.  I've always believed that.  I have faith to believe that, but until today it never dawned on me that I crucified Jesus..really crucified him, not just metaphorically.  I nailed his hands and feet, and the chisel I used today was a larger version of the nails that were used.

This Easter, because of the coronavirus, will be different than Easters in then past.  However for me, this Easter will be more different than any other, because I nailed the nails that caused this hurtful celebration.

Enjoy your Easter, on me!

No comments: