Friday, April 18, 2014

An Alphabet of Doxologies

Day 39 Doxology: This has really been a day of doxology moments.  Today, I was reminded that I often have more than one "Praise to God" moments throughout my day, and I should be made to report my day's event to the church so that each of you could witness God at work through our church.  So, if you'll grant me the privilege, I'd like to share a few that ranked at the top of my list.

In the very early morning, Rhonda Dawson (A daycare mom and Summit faithful worshipper) gave birth to her 2nd son, Coburn (7lb. 11oz at 1:42am).  So, when I took care of few loose ends, I headed to Marshal South for a look-see.  The baby was beautiful and mom looked equally picturesque. Doxology moment 39-A.
Afterwards, I stood outside the hospital and had an equally incredible time hearing how a special person's life had moved closer to God, and her faith journey was strengthen in part because of our Lenten Devotional and largely because she set goals for her Lenten Season and kept them.  How can that not be a great doxology moment?  To know that the Season of Lent now meant something more to this person than it had in the past (Sorry, no picture). Doxology moment 39-B.

Next it was off to the office.  Wait, not much of a doxology moment there unless you are reminded that it's a great office...heated and illumined by each of you and your faithfulness.  Also, I am reminded that there is a generous man in town that offers the building because he cares.  That's worth our praise! Doxology moment 39-C.

I traveled home to pick up my wife and drive to Gadsden to watch a movie…but wait again!  This movie was the same movie that J-3 watched hours earlier and shared with our family that she was on a Spiritual high (The movie is God's Not Dead).  It's pretty excited when one of your daughters feels the Holy Spirit connect is such a powerful way.  Doxology moment 39-D.

Somewhere between home and the movie Jenny Franks sent a FB message about Raigin's project at school.  You could hear the excitement in her words and the Easter understanding in Raigin's story.  Both the excitement and the story could be attributed to Orange -our Children's Ministry strategy.  Orange is in it's 4th month, and it is a huge success for our church.  We will soon re-evaluate to meet the needs of the growth and ask more of our adults to volunteer.  All we need at this point is a little tweaking, and it will burst at the seams.  Raigin is a testimony to Orange's success.  By now you should be praising God hands raised and standing in a chair.  Doxology 39-E.

Finally, the end of my lengthy discourse...I'm  close to the end of this doxology day…almost.  You, you, and you gave the Jones a very unexpected gift of love.  A gift neither my wife, my daughters, nor myself will ever forget.  My Summit family provided my family with a chalet for the end of this Holy Week.  You would think that in and of itself would be enough, but sweet angels went to the trouble to buy snacks and more snack...pack them in a tub to provide the most outlandish example of love one could ever show to an overweight middle age man, his smoking' hot wife and his three beautiful teenage daughters.  Can you understand what the visual of this love offering means to my daughters?  Doxology moment 39-F.

This might be the only time it's great to end on an "F".  I have shared 6 amazing doxology moments from my day (Doxology moment 39-A, B, C, D, E, and F).  How many doxology moments was I unable to recall?  How many did I overlook?  The truth is God was in every aspect of my day, and I bet if you were keeping score you'd find that each doxology moment from my day was really because of each of you.  That is how we can love our neighbor -by providing glimpse of God/ examples of Christ whenever you can. Doxology moment 39-G -God is good; all the time! And all the time; God is good!

No comments: