Monday, April 7, 2014

Texting Goodness

Day 29 Doxology: I have missed 2 opportunities to share "praise to God" moments.  Both days were packed full…funny thing is I saw God in several instances it's just that when the day came to a close my motor shut down and before you knew it I was out of time.

I witnessed God Friday when I was visiting with friends while the patriarch of their family underwent open heart surgery.  Together we laughed and laughed while in a room, not so far a way, doctors and nurses repaired and mended the years of someone's life.

Then Saturday began with an early Emmaus Team Meeting.  Afterwards, a much later church Easter Egg Hunt complete with free snow cones, warm popcorn, chocolatey treats, and fruity-sugary hard candy…and, oh yeah…kids, kids, and a lot of kids.  While everything about that annual event was a "doxology moment".  Maybe my favorite piece of the pie was the adults in service volunteering their day for their children and other's children that they did not even know.  Now that is true grace.

And, now today…I have pledged to contemplate a day's doxology images for the sharing.  First, let me tell you what it was not.  It's not the soup my wife made me eat to help lose weight.  Not very good, not very chewy, and not very manly.  It's just not a doxology moment.



So, if being in the office the bulk of the day tethered to some tasteless soup was my plot, then the doxology moments were going to be slim pickings. Well, at least until after an Administrative Meeting and the ride home.

While I was rubbing my head because of the headache created from the lack of food, and trying hard to focus on the road, I received a text.  I PULLED OFF THE ROAD and what I read moved me above everything in my day, and yes…even Shannon's soup.

This is the text:


This person is right on more than one level: 1) Sometimes we do need to point out for our brothers and sisters where God is at work the most (1 Thessalonians 5:11).  2) It is all about a family…the body of Christ -Brothers and Sisters spurring on one another, and working to bring about The Kingdom of God here on earth (1 Corinthians 12:27).  I can't help but to hear Sister Sledge singing, "We are family…get up everybody…dance" Now that is a text worth dancing about.  Thank you for the smile…and the tear!


No comments: