Saturday, April 12, 2014

Sacrificial Saturday

Day 34 Doxology:  Today was a mix of emotions.  I had a prior commitment, but due to time restraints because of district pre-conference meeting we needed to get some things done around the church cosmetically.  Out of need, several stepped up their effort.  We scheduled a work day.  Because other unmentionables we didn't heavily promote the work day.  That means we would be working with a limited staff.  I found out the "limited staff" was in words only.

When I finished with my Emmaus Team Meeting I stopped by the church, and I could't believe all that was accomplished.  Let's be clear…today's doxology is not about the work, but about the people.

In my life, I hate to ask people to go to any trouble for me.  Realizing that today's friends worked hard all day for God and not me doesn't lesson my love for each of them.  It makes me think about the future of God's touch in our community.

We are all called to be ministers…Our motto, "Every Member is a Minister!"…if we believe that/ this then ministry is shared.  A lot like today's hard work!

I give thanks and praise to God for everyone that put their Saturday on hold so that others can see how much we care about the place where we worship.  What we do matters, and our efforts build roads to success. I didn't take a picture because I didn't want to leave anyone out…here is a clip art to remind us that it takes everyone to complete our goals in life.  Thank you team.

No comments: