Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Peace Like This

Day 31 Doxology:  Today a small child in our  church was scheduled for surgery to correct the alignment of her eyes.  It's funny how you never really noticed there was a problem, but the doctors, mom and dad, and the growth percentile charts understood the problem and feared that it would get worse or lead to greater problems down the road.  So, there was a need, and there was a way to solve it - surgery.

I believe no one likes or wants surgery.  You don't wake up that morning and say, I think I'll schedule surgery for myself, or someone I love, for tomorrow.  Let's see...I'll have the doctor's office demand I go without  food, take my blood, require a healthy co-pay, and insist I get up at 4am to hurry up and wait for a 6am surgery slot.  I believe no one wants this, but sometime it's necessary.

Though some things are necessary, it still doesn't mean that we don't worry about them, or stress over the results.  As a pastor, I pray for grace that is accompanied by patience through it all…I pray for a peace.  Peace is a powerful thing, even through surgery.  I wished we could have peace in other areas of our life.  I wished we could have a peace about life changing decisions that we make; peace for the future; peace that we are loved; peace that we will always be loved; peace that we are worthy of love…you are (we are!)!

If we could just tackle life the same way a child tackles life, or the same way a child trust their dad and mom to take care of them we could limit our stress and anxiety then peace could freely flow.  What would that picture look like?  I think it would like this.

It's really funny how today's pictures simply just touched my soul.  It gave me a peace.  If we could trust as a child then life would be amazing.  This isn't an excuse to live life childish, that's different.  I'm talking about peace-like trust that things will work out….knowing that my Father in Heaven has this.  What would that picture look like?  I think it would look like this.

This picture is a Picture of Jaycee from the recovery room sent by her mom via Snapchat.  This is ultimate peace in the wake of the unknown, and yes, with medicine. However, it still calms my heart, and I bet it would calm yours if you trust it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Prayers for a quick recovery for sweet Jaycee, love her!
Traylor family