Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What a Day!

Day 25 Doxology: What a day!  I have spoken with many of you, and you've either expressed or exhibited signs of a stressful day.  In many ways I share your feelings.

I could easily add a picture of several conversations that I had today from family, church family, to subordinates even friends, but it seems less than appropriate.  I could share a moment of praise from emails, phone conversations, and yes even texts from so many. However, as great as they were…they just would't do.  I could add pictures of the visitors in my office that just make me feel better and they don't even know how or why…I don't even know how or why, but they just do.  I could make a collage of pictures of any or all the things I just mentioned and it still would't seem appropriate though each is worthy of praise.

The stress of the day culminated with the news reports of another Fort Hood shooting. If I seem less than cheerful it's because of the feelings of the families that either know, or are scared of knowing, the status of their family members stationed at Fort Hood.  If I seem less than satisfied with the world…it is because of the families in my church that are pressed with the idea of their loved ones being deployed, and their fear starts the moment they walk out the door.  If I seem less that continent, it's because I am reminded that we live in a different world than the world of my childhood.

My doxology moment today is the reinstatement of Matthew 28:18-20.  In this scripture I am reminded that though I don't have this (whatever this is) God does…Hey brother, calm your heart, 'cause I am with you always, and yes, even to the end of the age.

No comments: