Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Snapchat Surprise

Day 24 Doxology:  Yep!  If you're counting I've missed a few days.  However, it's not because I haven't been seeing great Doxology moments…it's mainly because I share a problem that many of you have experienced…too little time to put God first.

The Good News of the Bible is simply God forgives all!  Maybe that's my message tonight above all.

Today's doxology comes to you without a picture….well, almost.  At least I've included a logo of the app I want to talk about.

Here's the deal…this app for your phone provides a chance to snap a picture then send it to be viewed for a specified period of time (ex: 1 sec. up to 10sec.). In my daughters case she always uses a 5sec. viewing.  In addition to the image sent, you can write or draw on the picture you send to a friend.  It gets to be pretty fun.

Over Spring Break, I asked J-2 to teach me about the app. She did…I downloaded the app, and we were off snapping pictures and drawing on tourist's faces.  It was a great time "communicating" with my teenage daughter at the expense of others.

This is my doxology moment…this morning she paused while walking into school to snap  quick picture then she sent a snapchat of her smiling face with the caption "Good Morning!" It was a great surprise even if I cannot show it to you because I could only view it for 5sec.

It made me think…have you ever not enjoyed something for fear it wouldn't last?  When she sent me the picture…when I viewed her picture, I remember being consumed that it wouldn't last but for only 5 secs.  It almost allowed me to miss the beauty of the moment.

I pray we all pause during the things we are involved in to enjoy the beauty of the moment.  I pray that the fear of the joyful thing fading doesn't consume us all.

God Bless every moment you share as a blessing from God, I know I will.

No comments: